Pregabalin [CAS No.: 148553-50-8]
|Standards||IP / EP|
Pregabalin is a medication used to treat epilepsy, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and generalized anxiety disorder. Its use for epilepsy is as an add-on therapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalization in adults. Some off-label uses of pregabalin include restless leg syndrome, prevention of migraines, social anxiety disorder, and alcohol withdrawal. When used before surgery it does not appear to affect pain after surgery but may decrease the use of opioids.
- CAS No.: 148553-50-8
- IUPAC Name: (S)-3- aminomethyl-5-methylhexanoic acid
- Molecular weight: 159.23 g/mol
- Chemical Formula: C8H17NO2
- Assay/Purity: NLT 98.0%
- Description: A white to off-white powder
- Category: Anti-epileptic
- Indications: Used for neuropathic pain and as an adjunct therapy for partial seizures. It has also been found effective for generalized anxiety disorder.